FORUMS: list search recent posts

GPU Memory is Full

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Robba
GPU Memory is Full
on Aug 23, 2017 at 3:55:27 pm

Hi There, I'm fairly new to using Resolve, and I've yet to run into this issue yet, but I'm currently having a problem where Resolve will not render or display video, and it continues to return the message to me, GPU memory is Full. I have 5 nodes and am using motion blur, 2 nodes with qualifiers and masks, no tracking. Some tactics that I've already tried are turning on Proxy Mode to both half and quarter resolution, setting the render cache to smart, and disabling "Use GPU for Red Debayer" and "Use Display GPU for Compute"

The project I'm currently in literally has one shot that I'm trying to color correct. It is a UHD, XAVC Mpeg 4 clip, shot in UHD on the Sony FS5. I've got to imagine that Resolve has to be able to handle a timeline full of clips, so having 1 clip causing me this many issues seems weird. My macpro is completely maxed out, here are the specs.

Davinci Resolve 12.5
OSX10.12.6
MacPro 12 Core 2.7GHz Intel Xeon E5
4X16,64GB RAM
2 - AMD FirePro D700 6144MB Graphics Cards

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: GPU Memory is Full
on Aug 23, 2017 at 7:21:59 pm

You are correct, Resolve "should" be able to handle a shot with those items.

First step...turn all of them off.
Then start turning them on 1 at a time. Is something corrupt? Does one particular node cause the issue each time?

You mention 5 nodes, but only say masks are in two of them. Is the Motion blur an ofx plug in on the 3 other nodes?
3 ofx's could be your issue...they can be a pig.

Hopefully some basic node trouble shooting will tell you where the hang up is.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joseph Robba
on Aug 23, 2017 at 8:18:15 pm

With all of the nodes turned off the "GPU Memory Full" message is still coming up. One other thing I tried is I have a 3 monitor setup, and I thought maybe the GPU having to push to all 3 displays was causing the issue, so I unplugged 2 of the monitors, but I'm still receiving the error. I'm going to try to start the process over on the clip, and try to work my way back through the issue. Unfortunately this will be the 3rd time I've color corrected it.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 23, 2017 at 9:43:37 pm

If it is giving an error with all nodes off, then there is a problem somewhere else.

Where does your footage live. If Resolve is having trouble accessing it fast enough, it might error out.

I would try dropping your project down to HD and see if it helps, try bringing a different clip in, or try moving your clip to a different drive.

Can you view the clip in the edit tab?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Robert Olding
on Aug 24, 2017 at 5:31:07 pm

Check and see if your monitors are plugged into the proper Thunderbolt ports. Reference this Apple support article.

Robert Olding
http://www.8streetstudio.com
Minneapolis, MN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]