FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing clips - Avid AAF

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Skogen
Missing clips - Avid AAF
on Aug 18, 2017 at 11:03:24 pm

Hi,

I was just about to start working on the third episode of a show I'm grading in Resolve.

As I've done with the first two episodes (and hundreds of different episodes before), I flattened all multicam clips (commit multicam edits) and exported an AAF to folder, with 50 handles and all of the clips transcoded to DNXHD 185X. When importing the AAF to Resolve about 40% of the clips are missing and I get a message saying:

"Clip "43_ABC.new.02" in track V1 at timecode 01:38:56:18 with reel name "1044" and file name "1044V01.599........mxf": File not found in search directories."

When manually searching for the files in my AAF folder the files definitely do exist.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Thank you.

Best,
Kristian

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Missing clips - Avid AAF
on Aug 19, 2017 at 4:31:49 pm

when clips cant be found, but i know they are there, the first thing i check is the frame rate, and timecodes, and reel names. You didn't say what you were cutting in. Avid is usually really good with frame rate conversion and tracking, Premiere not so much.

Manually bring the clip into resolve, and see what resolve is seeing. Does everything match what the timeline is looking for?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]