FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voice overs in 14 with Fairlight?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Duffey
Voice overs in 14 with Fairlight?
on Aug 14, 2017 at 10:04:48 pm

Hey all,

I am probably missing something obvious, but what is the best way to be able to visually watch the video while recording voice overs using Fairlight? I seem to go to Fairlight tab and cant see the audio, but I dont see an option in the editor to record audio from my mic either. Is there a way to do this, or is Resolve just not going to be able to handle voice over work?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Voice overs in 14 with Fairlight?
on Aug 15, 2017 at 12:24:59 am

The Fairlight page is part of beta software. Fairlight is a newish purchase for BM (almost one year) and it is amazing that they have managed to get so much functionality into the beta software. As a long time Fairlight user, I can tell you the stand alone has the capacity to patch and record multi channel audio whilst running video so I use it as a VO or ADR tool.

In fact the stand alone version also has the ability to super on screen text from a script so the VO artist or actor doesn't have to look down at a script whilst performing to picture. So early days yet for Resolve with Fairlight audio but I expect that functionality to end up in release versions of Resolve.

Return to posts index

Paul Draper
on Aug 17, 2017 at 10:13:41 pm

Yes it works (14b6), haven't had a re-look yet in b17. The odd thing (b6) is that there is no input monitoring /metering indication & so you need to first record briefly to check levels etc, then do the recording proper:

Fairlight page:
Map your input(s) to monitoring outputs as per the manual instructions.
Select a new audio track with same input assigned.
Record-arm that track (small 'R' button' above the fader).
Press 'record' under the view screen and off you go, now recording.

Dell T7910, Win10 x64 Pro; 64GB Ram; 2x E5-2687Wv4 CPUs; 2x Nvidia Titan X GPUs; LG 34UM95 & BenQ SW2700PT VDUs, BM DeckLink Mini Monitor 4k; UA Apollo & UAD-2 PCIe. Samsung SSDs. DaVinci Resolve Studio, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Wavelab.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 18, 2017 at 5:40:09 am

Beta7 I note has a lot of Fairlight features listed in the update so it might be worth checking it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]