FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing audio - Resolve 14

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edan Cohen
Syncing audio - Resolve 14
on Aug 11, 2017 at 3:04:09 am

Hello!

I'm a longtime Premiere using attempting to cut a project in Resolve 14. I shot my project with the audio recorded directly into the A camera. The B camera had its internal mic on to capture the room audio.

In Premiere I would simply drag both clips into the timeline, highlight the audio tracks, right click and choose "synchronize" and Premiere would automatically sync them based on the waveforms.

I can't find a similar workflow in Resolve. It seems the only auto-syncing is between camera audio and audio files recorded from a Zoom or other such device.

Is there an easy way to sync the audio tracks from video files?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Syncing audio - Resolve 14
on Aug 11, 2017 at 6:17:17 am

The same tool is not currently in Resolve. For now, make a multicam clip from the pair in the media pool then place them in the a multicam timeline. Then select the timeline and 'open in place'.
There are more audio tools still in progress amongst our Fairlight integration.

Return to posts index

Edan Cohen
on Aug 12, 2017 at 1:43:46 pm

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Aug 15, 2017 at 11:06:31 am

Of course there are ways to manually sync audio to video, even without the slate. The trouble is it's only really feasible as long as you have a relatively small ingest. If you have LOTS of clips that need syncing, that it would be nightmarish to do it by hand.

There are third party solutions also available, such as Plural Eyes, if you have the budget for such an indulgence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]