FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode extends do not match

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Savage
timecode extends do not match
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:37:09 pm

Client imported DPX sequences into AVID using the source browser to create clips. Then transcoded to MXF. Reel names and TC translated into new MXF clips. However, they did not transcode the entire avid created DPX clip, only sections of that clip. The TC of the multiple smaller transcoded clips matches the TC of the DPX clip. Same image at 00:00:56:01 on a smaller transcoded clip as on the longer DPX parent clip.

When importing an AAF into Resolve I get the "timecode extends do not match" error. However, I am able to frame accurately force conform clips. Again, each clip in the list has unique TC, unless the reel name changes. So all DPX clips start at 00:00:00:01, but all have different reel names. Each smaller transcoded select MXF clip has incrementally different TC, until a reel name change.

If I can frame accurately force conform clips in the AAF to the original DPX, how come the clips won't link on import of the AAF? Is it because the transcoded MXF clips are not the exact same length of their parent DPX clips, even though they have the same TC and reel name? Resolve 12.5, AVID 8.3

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: timecode extends do not match
on Aug 9, 2017 at 4:05:01 pm

Haven't encountered this for a very long time... used to be common with synthetic time codes. Never fully explained, but my impression is that it might have had something to do with a sub-frame mismatch, similar to the TC difference that would occur with 23.976 vs. 24.000 -- will conform on a macro level, but technically a mis-match.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: timecode extends do not match
on Aug 12, 2017 at 4:57:41 am

There are a couple of DPX utilities out there that can help you embed new timecode in the headers if they don't already have the correct timecode:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/DPX-TimeCode-Editor.sht...

http://pomfort.com/dpxheadereditor/

I believe these are not specifically Resolve problems but inherent in a lot of editing programs when you try to use DPX files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]