FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to delete tracker keyframe?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Russell
How to delete tracker keyframe?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 12:26:23 am

Ngh, noobie question I guess. I'm animating a tracker frame by frame in the bottom center winder, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to delete an unwanted keyframe. Oddly I can't find anyone posting the same question. The little trashcan icon thingie appears to do nothing -- cannot click it for deletion or get a tool or anything -- and there appears to be no other method. So... help. Thank you somebody!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: How to delete tracker keyframe?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:48:14 am

The "Three Dot" (•••) option drop down reveals all: stop the cursor on the tracker keyframe, then click on the three dots and choose "Delete Keyframe." This is infinitely faster and easier with the Mini Panel, where you have a specific soft button dedicated to manually deleting or inserting a tracker keyframe.

Return to posts index

Bill Russell
on Jun 26, 2017 at 3:01:50 am

Thank. You. Thank you, Marc, that was making me crazy. Resolve as an editor at v14 is really growing on me. It has its UI and procedure quirks, though, which seem to be a product of it's lengthy evolution from the original linear grading platform. A lot of modules with their own way of doing things. Not complaining .

"THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA" -

And more...

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 26, 2017 at 5:24:25 am

Yeah, I have to say that Resolve has come a long way and is closer to being a real editing platform than ever before.

If you ask me, Resolve is pretty logical and straightforward; Avid is absolutely bizarre and has some weird peculiarities that most editors have gotten used to over the last 20 years. I'm more in the "Final Cut 7" method of doing things, which means FCPX is just alien software to me. But I can adapt to Resolve just fine.

BTW, CADAVRA is a very funny movie -- I watched that on the plane ride home from Rome about 10 years ago, and it was the highlight of that part of the journey.

Return to posts index

Bill Russell
on Jun 27, 2017 at 10:43:39 pm

Awesome to hear about Cadavra -- the film nobody saw but everybody's seen! Always edifying, thank you for that.

Avid, good Lord, is the embodiment of kluge. It was taped together a la the original Lightworks before software and gui conventions matured, and never really recovered in the decades since -- and never really tried. A fascinating assortment of elephantine, byzantine bits. Avid works, but only because at every feature enhancement or hardware upgrade they keep pounding at it with the Negan bat until it functions again bug-free. I have a soft spot for Avid. Adobe products are a similar story to lesser degree. It's why installs are always so just huge-ass.

Blackmagic has clearly had stronger coders at the helm. They've got good code, a solid grasp of processing and low-level hardware, strong products since the very beginning.

Final Cut Pro 7 owes everything to Macromedia. Nobody coded better than Macromedia -- tiny, lighting fast programs with heavyweight features that installed in a flash (pun, get it? get it?) The core engine of FCP never really changed and it carried FCP in stellar fashion through all its years as Apple tacked on enormous clumsily written upgrades. Respect.

As if I actually know about any of this.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]