FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use Color Information Greyed?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Blair
Use Color Information Greyed?
on Jun 7, 2017 at 11:05:10 pm

Hey all,

I am using Davinci Resolve 12.5 and whenever I try to import an AAF from AVID Media Composer the "use Color Information" is greyed out despite heavy color correction on the sequence I'm exporting.

The only time I've been successful in retaining that color information is when I chose the "Mixdown Video/ Effects To V1" in Export Settings but then many of my cuts are joined together (as in rather than being 100 clips it becomes 12 scenes without cuts).

Is there any way for me to import an AAF that allows me to retain color information from MC AND the appropriate cuts?

Please help!

-- Rob

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Use Color Information Greyed?
on Jun 8, 2017 at 3:24:29 pm

[Robert Blair] "Is there any way for me to import an AAF that allows me to retain color information from MC AND the appropriate cuts?"

No. The fundamental image transformations are different algorithms and the only common list that you might be able to share among applications is really the CDL, which is virtually useless for grade. Its basically primary RGB only, intended to share DIT/Grade guides.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Robert Blair
on Jun 8, 2017 at 9:16:55 pm

Ahh I see. How unfortunate.

But thank you!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 10, 2017 at 6:47:48 am

I think the same is also true for Baselight, Lustre, Mistika, Nucoda, Pablo, and many other color-correction programs. The color-correction within FCPX or Premiere or Avid is unique to those systems and cannot be transferred to other systems. You can export CDLs (for simple primary corrections) and then use the that, but it's only a very, very basic setting. A LUT would be another possibility, but my usual preference is just to export the editor's temporary grade as a reference and compare what I do to that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]