FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange "media offline" frames in rendered video

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar Djordjevic
Strange "media offline" frames in rendered video
on May 24, 2017 at 6:08:56 pm

I'm using latest version of Resolve 14 beta on win 10 and have a small project all in .mov files from phantom 4. Not heavy corrections with bunch of nodes and luts and masks, justa a light color corrections. But when I export to .MP4 with h.264 there are always one "media offline" frame. I try to render that project again and again I got the same issue but in another clip. Every time I render that project I got that one "faulty" frame but every time it shows in another place (clip)
Any toughts?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Strange "media offline" frames in rendered video
on May 25, 2017 at 1:32:41 pm

You could try slowing down your fps render. It is possible the program is not finding the source frame as quickly as it is moving on to the next frame.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Djordjevic
on May 25, 2017 at 2:22:46 pm

I thought the same, maybe it is time for little housekeeping on my hard drives, but then I render this project in full quality (without data rate limit) and everything was OK. I don't need such a big file so Adobe Media encoder will do the rest.
Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 29, 2017 at 7:26:38 am

[Aleksandar Djordjevic] "But when I export to .MP4 with h.264 there are always one "media offline" frame. I try to render that project again and again I got the same issue but in another clip. Every time I render that project I got that one "faulty" frame but every time it shows in another place (clip)"
I wonder if the problem could be that all Long-GOP formats have issues with frame boundaries because of how the file is stored in packets (interframe coding vs. intraframe coding). I bet you'll never see that problem from an intraframe codec like DNxHD or ProRes.

My advice for a workaround would be to render our to DNxHD as a mezzanine format, then convert that to MP4 as a second step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]