FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Pratt
on May 5, 2017 at 9:41:32 pm

I have some sequences in Avid I have sent to resolve using an AAF and some of the media is offline. The sequence contains media formats of DNxHD 145, XD Cam 50Mbits and Apple ProRes footage.

Here is my issue. Some of the clips are online and part of the clips are online and offline within the same clip.

What is so interesting about this issue is at the point where the video clip is online at 1;20;46;18 the very next frame at 1;20;46;19 the clip is offline. I have done a little digging in the media pool and I can find another clip with a similar name that has all of the video online.

I can then replace the shot in the edit tab of Resolve and all is well. It is very time-consuming to do this for a lot of timelines.

Does anyone Know what is causing this? Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

I am including a couple of screen grabs the first is a shot of what is happening in the timeline the second shot is of the two clips in the media pool the top highlighted clip is the clip that has offline media the second clip is the one that has all of the media for the clip. One other note I made sure all of the clips had a reel name before I made the AAF.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 6, 2017 at 4:27:17 pm

looks like you have two copies of the media (low res & high res?)

How did you bring your media in?
Where did it come from?...did you consolidate or transcode to a new folder inside Avid, then make a list and bring it over, or are you letting Resolve search for media by itself.

I would suggest you start by cleaning up your media inside Avid. Ensure you only have the 1 final copy of the clips online. That should help with the confusion of what is and isn't available to Resolve.

Remember its just a program, being asked to look for media based on name/tc etc. If you presented a persion with the same task, and two options, they would get confused as well.

Inside Resolve, manually bring in the media you want Resolve to look at before you import your list. When you bring in your list, deselect the box asking Resolve to automatically bring in media clips.

When prompted, point Resolve to the media you previously imported.
Hopefully that helps.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]