FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit training

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Slim Simon
Edit training
on May 2, 2017 at 6:28:46 pm

I know Resolve is the go-to color correction platform. What training would you suggest for mastering the edit page? As a long time Avid editor, I'm wondering about the possibility of Resolve as a future replacement for Media Composer.

Thanks,

Slim

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Edit training
on May 2, 2017 at 7:46:20 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on May 2, 2017 at 7:46:49 pm

Here's one place to start-

The Definitive Guide to Editing with DaVinci Resolve 12.5.

Noah

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on May 3, 2017 at 5:01:05 am

Thanks Noah. I'd love to know what Mac OS is needed for current DaVinci. The website doesn't say and I don't want to go through a whole trial experiment to find out it won't work on my Mac OS 10.8.5. Looking for an alternative to the endless rental of Adobe, though.
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 3, 2017 at 6:40:35 pm

[Robert Withers] "what Mac OS is needed for current DaVinci."

You mean (sic)--> macOS.

Depending on your GPU selection and number of cards in use, you should try to get to at least 10.12 Sierra. Yosemite is still fine. Sierra apparently re-opens the number and type of nVidia cards you can use. There are new patches to leverage into the 1080X Pascal cards -- but be aware that you will be required to match the nvidia drivers and CUDA with every update.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 3, 2017 at 7:15:15 pm

Remember, with BMD, there is no "trial experiment" Download the free version of the software and work with it. Use it for a week, a month, or a year. If you like it and want some of the other "pro" options, then buy it, for less than a year of Avid or Adobe.

If you don't like it, remove if from your computer. Its not really a taxing experience on your part to see if it works for you and your system.

(well there is the 5 min download, and the 3 min install times)

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

Yan Shvalb
on May 4, 2017 at 2:21:59 pm

Check out VFXtraining.com. We currently have a color correction course available for resolve 14 and will be offering at least 2 more courses, one of which will be an editing and finishing course to run in June 2017

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 3, 2017 at 6:15:37 am

Alexis Van Hurkman (who wrote the Resolve manual) has a very good series of Resolve 12 & 12.5 editing tutorials on Ripple Training:

http://www.rippletraining.com/product-category/davinci-resolve-tutorials/

I would also recommend Mixing Light as having several different series of tutorials at different levels of expertise:

https://mixinglight.com/

Paul Saccone from Blackmagic Design also has an excellent book on editing on Resolve 12.5, 90% of which is applicable to Resolve 14:

https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Editing-DaVinci-Blackmagic-Learning/dp/09...

The free Resolve manual also has hundreds of pages on importing, conforming, and editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]