FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom aspect ratio/frame size exporting out of Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Thelin
Custom aspect ratio/frame size exporting out of Resolve
on Apr 30, 2017 at 6:56:12 am

I am editing a video ad intended for use on mobile social media, and we want an aspect ratio of about 1.1 so it is more eye-catching than a wider frame would be. I shot the ad in standard 1920x1080 HD. I did an initial edit in FCP X just to get the clips in place then exported to DaVinci Resolve 11 in the same resolution/ratio. I want to complete the project in Resolve and export directly out of it in 1190x1080 resolution, and the program seems to have functionality that should allow me to do this but when I try, The resulting export places my cropped image in a much larger black frame that seems to be preserving the original 1920 width. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Custom aspect ratio/frame size exporting out of Resolve
on May 1, 2017 at 1:59:01 pm

That image above doesn't look like its 1920 width, unlesss its an optical illusion. It looks like the same aspect ratio as the clip inside it, but just a bigger frame. The above image looks like you could scale it up to fill the black pretty much.

Are you sure your original clip is 1190 x 1080.

Check your output scaling in your preferences, as well as your mismatched resolution settings.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]