FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for DaVinci Resolve 14 training

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Svetlana Katsnelson
Looking for DaVinci Resolve 14 training
on Apr 30, 2017 at 12:38:58 am

Just got back from NAB and eager to learn the new version. Can anyone recommend a good class or a tutorial?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Looking for DaVinci Resolve 14 training
on Apr 30, 2017 at 7:05:20 am

Too soon. Give it a couple of months. For now, start reading the new manual (which is free).

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Apr 30, 2017 at 10:26:38 am

Except the new manual does not yet cover Fairlight, and other new components...

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC2014, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Apr 30, 2017 at 11:42:34 am

Wait for Ripple Training's tuts. By Alexis Van Hurkman. I got their Resolve 12 tutorial. Really, really good. Alexis kinda consults for BM on Resolve.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on May 1, 2017 at 12:19:44 am

Hi Svetlana

I have found a tutorial on Resolve 14. I hope this is what you're looking for.

Happy Travels
Ralph Hajik
RJTravelMedia
http://www.RJTravelMedia.com

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 1, 2017 at 1:25:19 am

This is the blind leading the blind. There are way, way, way too many people claiming to be able to "train" others. I don't think most of the free tutorials on YouTube are worth what you pay for them. The danger in believing these morons is they can steer you right off the cliff -- many of them have no clue what they don't know.

I don't have a problem with somebody running down a new feature list. In truth, a lot of Resolve 14 is pretty much like old Resolve, but there are a few significant changes. The fact that they rushed it out with an unfinished manual tells me this is very, very Beta-ish. My guess is we won't see a final version until late June/early July.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 1, 2017 at 1:53:57 pm

Agreed, there are way too many crash results on forums about this software.
It is still in Beta. I'm always amazed at how many people rush out and install beta versions, and then complain that it isn't working correctly.

If you are a total rookie, beta software is not what you want to learn on.

Grab 12.5, learn it for a month or two. When 14 is out of beta you will be much better off learning on a piece of hardware where the issues you are having can be narrowed down to what you might be doing wrong, rather than "is that just not working within this version of the software yet?"

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 1, 2017 at 6:46:20 pm

In case you haven't found any here is the link to the r14 manual with its nearly 1300pages including failight manuel.

http://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/DaVinciResolve/20170424-d01b5c/DaVinc...

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 1, 2017 at 8:55:37 pm

Sadly, quite a few of the Fairchild parts of the Resolve manual are blank. I'm sure the manual will expand once the program is finalized in a few weeks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 1, 2017 at 11:19:11 pm

As a Fairlight user I can confirm that most of the Fairlight manual is not in the Resolve manual. It is an overview only with some Resolve specific things but almost all of the edit, patch and automation detail is missing and there is no mention of SFX database management, control panels, VST and other on board FX processors. In short there is a ton of Fairlight functionality and control details missing from the Resolve 14 manual.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 3, 2017 at 6:35:30 pm

[Marc Wielage] " The fact that they rushed it out with an unfinished manual tells me this is very, very Beta-ish."

That sir, is saying a mouthful. I'm not even going to download it for maybe another two releases. To be honest, "beta" is being generous.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

George Knochel
on May 8, 2017 at 6:57:46 pm

Yes, most of the YouTube "training" isn't much true coursework type training.

I'd recommend training you pay for, such as Lynda.com, Ripple Training, and Color Grading Central masterclass, to fully learn DaVinci Resolve. These are full courses, with practice media, so you can follow along with the instructors, who are very good teachers.

Return to posts index

Yan Shvalb
on May 4, 2017 at 2:18:43 pm

Hey guys. I'll be teaching a Resolve 14 class on May 25-26th. This is color correction class. I will also be offering a editing and finishing class and a QuickStart workflow class. Check it out at VFXTRAINING.com

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 18, 2017 at 5:16:08 am

Note that Blackmagic Design now can certify trainers who have gone through Blackmagic's own programs for Resolve Color and Resolve Editing. I would expect the major training people (in person and on the net) will be certified, once that widely rolls out in the next couple of months.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]