FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 14 install succeeds but fails after the initial product screen

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Resolve 14 install succeeds but fails after the initial product screen
on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:29:41 am

Love the added functionality described and look forward to the $299 Studio option using Fairlight to tackle some audio issues.

Resolve 14 installed and runs successfully along with Resolve 12.5 on my laptop.

On the desktop machine, uninstalled Resolve 12.5, cleaned with CCleaner, restart, install Resolve 14..

Resolve 14 desktop install reported to be successful.

But Resolve 14 does not launch after the "Successful" install. No joy.

Resolve 14 starts and posts the initial product or logo screen, then disappears. The program itself does not launch; that is, no expected default workspace is shown.

Microsoft Process Explorer shows Resolve running about 6%-7% background CPU cycles.

Waited for it to find and load old databases??? Nope. After watching this CPU process run for several minutes (no screen Resolve visible) it quietly dies.

Yes, tried re-download and re-install a few times, cleaning with CCleaner each time.

Disabled Windows firewall. Run as Admin. No joy.

Win10 Pro, 6-core with 32GB ram, Nvidia 1080 series card and SSDs. Ought 'a work, one would think.

(Yes, I have seen the folklore about disconnecting from the internet; no difference; still no program launch.)

Any thoughts???? Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
Re: Resolve 14 install succeeds but fails after the initial product screen
on Apr 26, 2017 at 2:02:47 pm

I personally installed on my MacBook Pro and it runs just fine. Over at BM Resolve forums guys are reporting similar problems. What seems to solve the issue is switching off wifi/internet connection and then starting the app. Give it a shot:)

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:58:56 pm

Right. Tried that. Same failure to launch.

In fact, watching Microsoft Process Explorer showing interesting--and unexpected--processes running even while uninstalling it: a Resolve process continued to run until I restarted the PC (!).

Gotta be the "Beta Blues" song that I am singing.

No doubt this stuff is incredibly complicated under the hood.

Surely in a week BM will offer updates. Looking forward to the many helpful feature additions.

Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 26, 2017 at 4:00:40 pm

in my case I get a message as soon as the product screen shows. message says "there is a problem" and then it closes.
nothing else.

I have reinstalled various times losed internet access and put the computer in airplane mode but message is the same.

any ideas?

Ricardo Marty

p.s. 12.5 ran great

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]