FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro XML to Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinod Raja
Premiere pro XML to Resolve
on Apr 19, 2017 at 5:58:06 pm

I have just completed editing a long project involving lots of footage filmed over two years on an Premiere pro, Mac version. I exported an XML and imported it into Resolve 12.5. All the clips are in place but the the subtitles remain blank and unable to reconnect. The project involves a lot of subtitles and it's important that I have them all to finish the film in Resolve. Or I will have to grade all the clips in Resolve and take it back to premiere for completion. seeking help ..thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Premiere pro XML to Resolve
on Apr 20, 2017 at 11:41:34 pm

Are the subtitles actual files like png or tiff? Otherwise there is nothing to reconnect. If you used the text generator in Pr then Resolve will try to approximate using its text generator.

If it was a plugin in Pr, then Resolve can't translate that. A quick and dirty fix is to export just the text layer from Pr as a file using a codec that supports an alpha channel and then drop that over the Resolve graded timeline. That solves all the issues of font, placement etc.

Return to posts index

Vinod Raja
Re: Premiere pro XML to Resolve
on Apr 21, 2017 at 3:31:27 am

Hi Michael, the subtitles are actual files generated in Premiere and there are lots of them.

I guess resolve is not able to access the folder, I will try to trace and point to it. I have also used some JPEG photos, they have come up on the timeline.

As you suggested I could export it as a .mov file and place it in resolve. Kept that as a last option if this doesn't work.
thanks for the help and suggestions

warmly Vinod

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]