FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to apply LUTS from DaVinci to AE/Premiere Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Gorbach
how to apply LUTS from DaVinci to AE/Premiere Pro
on Apr 8, 2017 at 4:56:35 pm

Hi all,

I just began to grade a short and have to send my grade to the guy that makes the vfx.
So for the first time I try to figure out how I can get my grade into AE.
Without any secondaries, only saturation, Lift, Gamma, Gain, a bit of Shadow Boost and Hue Shift, I created a 3D Lut out of Resolve. When I try to bring it in Premiere with Lumetri or AE with Apply LUT - the color change done by the LUT is far away with that what I did in DaVinci, as you can see in the attatched pic.

can anybody tell me where I have done the mistake?

Thanks a lot,

br,

Felix

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: how to apply LUTS from DaVinci to AE/Premiere Pro
on Apr 9, 2017 at 4:30:54 pm

you might be better off either sending uncolored clips, which would be returned uncolored for you to color, or bake your color into a new VFX submaster, and export EXRs out to the AE artist. There is so much different color management going on between those two programs, it can be quite the nightmare. Relying on the AE color management settings, and the implementation of a LUT at their end might be more adjustments than are needed.

I am currently working on a spot with Slog3 footage. The workflow we tested between Resolve and AE involved me outputting EXRs- set to full RGB levels. The artist re-rendered those with no color management changes in AE and they imported back into resolve perfectly. We tried DPXs as well as a NUKE pipeline. Both worked, but involved me having to apply conversion luts when the files came back into Resolve to get the clips back to "normal" inside of Resolve.

I think both Resolve and AE read EXRs with a full RGB flag on them, and the rendered AE clips were indistinguishable from the originals.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Justin Wingard
on Apr 9, 2017 at 4:31:39 pm

Where did you apply/add the LUT?

I have found that LUTS created in Resolve work best in the "creative" section of Lumetri. There are 2 sections in Lumetri where you can add a LUT, the second section seems to work best in this case.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Apr 9, 2017 at 4:35:15 pm

is this an export or screenshot of premiere's sequence? the lut has to be in premiere's technical lut folder and media encoder technical lut as well.
disable use previews
disable import sequences natively.
is it an iridas cube lut? those are natively supported by premiere. try exporting as that
is the scopes IRE over 99 and below 1? try nesting the sequence first or adding lut in adobe media encoder lut dropdown.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]