FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making my intro with davinci 12.5 cant figure this out

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zachary Dodson
Making my intro with davinci 12.5 cant figure this out
on Apr 1, 2017 at 9:43:17 pm

I am pretty new to editing and have been using davinci for a lil over 2 months. I want to make my intro using it and I know my terminology will be wrong but I hope someone can help me out. I want to slide videos in from the side so they land one after the other on top of each other. I know how to get them in from off the screen but I don't know how to speed them up, make them spin slightly, change the path they take coming in (want a little arc not straight line) Basically I want it to sort of look like if you were tossing photos on top each other. They will all be a little off so you can see a bit of each lower video playing. I hope that is a good description and if you could point me to a tutorial or even give me the proper terms to search I would be grateful. I have been at this for like 6 hours now and cant figure it out or find the info on my own.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Making my intro with davinci 12.5 cant figure this out
on Apr 2, 2017 at 12:11:01 am

It can be done in Da Vinci but of course better done in a proper compositing program like Fusion or After Effects. There may even be a template for AE for this. Or Motion if you have Apple software. Fusion of course is Blackmagic software and the free version is very well featured. Not easy to get your head around but there are tutorials on the web. Simon Ubsdell has made some excellent tutorials although not necessarily for this effect.

In Da Vinci one method is to use the wireframe overlay and step through your shots starting with the bottom layer. My tip would be to start with the finish position and keyframe in reverse to spin/flip the layer off. You can do most of it just by pulling the wireframe but in the tab you can also control pitch and yaw.

A bit messy but doable.

Return to posts index

Zachary Dodson
on Apr 2, 2017 at 11:53:29 am

Thanks for the tip, I did get working on this and yeah cutting 16 clips together in resolve was a pain. I did get it done but there is some stuff lacking that I figure I will have to learn Fusion to do. So I bit the bullet and I'm going to learn how to fusion today! I'm sure I will be back in here with more questions

Return to posts index

Zachary Dodson
on Apr 2, 2017 at 11:58:26 am

That's 2 who think Fusion is better, I downloaded it last night and today I'm going to try to figure it out. I did get my basic motion down in Davinci and I hope I can transfer it and make my final tweaks there. Thanks for your feedback I have been doing this kind of stuff for a little over 2 months with zero experience before so I am lost but learning.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 2, 2017 at 5:18:55 am

This is a job for After Effects or Fusion, IMHO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]