FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAC audio option for Youtube export available on one Windows box but not the other?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremiah Belt
AAC audio option for Youtube export available on one Windows box but not the other?
on Mar 29, 2017 at 7:54:35 pm

What am I missing or need to install? One windows workstation with Resolve studio has the AAC option under audio for Youtube export and one identical workstation doesn't? Planning to make quick proxies for editing in Resolve but being forced to use Linear PCM will make the files much larger. What's up?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: AAC audio option for Youtube export available on one Windows box but not the other?
on Mar 30, 2017 at 12:39:33 am

I would make proxies with PCM for many reasons.

File size difference with audio is hardly an issue in this day and age of cheap big drives. However if you use PCM you don't have to relink before exporting audio to post facilities. Also the overhead on the system to run your audio PCM rather than decoding multi tracks of AAC means your editing is potentially smoother.

That said you might want to make sure you have the choice if you are outputting a file to go to Vimeo or embed on a web site. I have the option available. I also have VLC and Quicktime installed as well. My guess is one of those programs has the AAC Codec installed. Have a look at the other PC and see what other player/encoder software it has installed. Try VLC first

Return to posts index

Jeremiah Belt
Re: AAC audio option for Youtube export available on one Windows box but not the other?
on Mar 30, 2017 at 12:58:45 am

Thx for your response. I actually got it figured out. I had all those things on both systems. Turns out one was just running a different version of 12.5. Updated and fixed. But good point on the lower overhead of PCM. We plan to utilize Premiere's attach proxies feature so on output or the push of the proxy button it will auto use the full Rez material. Thx.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 30, 2017 at 1:09:34 am

No problem then with the AAC if you are using Premiere's proxy reconnecting to full rez before exporting audio to a DAW.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]