FORUMS: list search recent posts

protools free

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
protools free
on Mar 27, 2017 at 4:38:27 pm

Does this intergrate with resolve like the regular protool?

R Marty

Return to posts index

Justin Wingard
Re: protools free
on Apr 9, 2017 at 4:35:19 pm

What are you looking to do?

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 10, 2017 at 5:33:00 pm

I was thinking that protoos free would be as intergated as protools in resolve.

Would Protools free give me the same integration and tools like audition and premier but in resolve?

I installed protools free but its not working yet. I was told that w10 was the issue.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 11, 2017 at 2:46:19 am

I think Pro Tools Free is going to be crippled and limited compared to the real Pro Tools. If you're trying to save money, I'd look into buying the student version or perhaps buying a used version on eBay, along with an iLok, and plan on re-registering it with Avid.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:22:41 am
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:24:12 am

I don't do heavy audio sweating I just do some editing and apply some filters and maybe correct somethings.
I subcontract major audio work. For me protocols would be an overkill I just want to have the same basic workflow in resolve that I have with premiere cs6. And basically do the samethings I do with audition.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 13, 2017 at 9:34:04 pm

There are no AAF lists in the free version, so a bit harder to get the round trip to go. I think there is a limit on the number of tracks. I say "I think" as i have yet to get the software to launch properly. (Actually i gave up and uninstalled it)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 14, 2017 at 5:10:12 am

I read a thread that plainly said that protools and resolve don't work together well. So I'm dropping protools free.

Maybe fairlight might be the next bm app to add the the increasing bm post suite. Maybe next week we shall know.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 14, 2017 at 6:08:52 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on Apr 14, 2017 at 6:13:18 am

ProTools is great if you used the paid HD version. I think it's used on literally hundreds of Hollywood films & TV series every year. ProTools Free is an unknown commodity at this point. I think if your working on commercial projects for paying clients, you have to use actual paid software and not rely on free tools for your living.

It's not impossible that Blackmagic will get into the audio mixing/editing business -- they already have editing and color with Resolve, and they have VFX with Fusion. Audio would be that missing component to finish the show.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 15, 2017 at 11:30:21 pm

Of course the purchase of Fairlight a while back will obviously mean big improvement to Resolve's audio but Fairlight are also experienced in interchange formats for audio so I expect resolve to handle audio editing better, mix bussing and better plugin implementation and interchange.

ProTools may be the most popular DAW used in film & TV but it doesn't mean it is the best. Having been a long term Fairlight and Resolve user, I'm looking forward to some typically bold NAB announcements from Blackmagic.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 15, 2017 at 11:35:47 pm

I would not be surprised to see a "Post-Production Suite" offered with Resolve, Fusion, and Fairlight" at some point. Anything is possible.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 18, 2017 at 12:06:41 am

I hope to see something along those lines. With that said, I am going to keep Final Cut Pro X as my main NLE for now. Still interested in seeing which direction Resolve takes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]