FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve 12.5.2 installation problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthijs Molenaar
Davinci Resolve 12.5.2 installation problems
on Sep 25, 2016 at 6:52:02 pm

Hi everyone!

I was planning on doing some grading practice for today in Resolve, but i have been pulling out my hair for the past 5 hour. I still have 11.2 installed but since i changed some of my setup in the past month this version doesn't find it's cache folder, so it keeps flashing me with this error. I thought i would install 12.5.2 since the upgrade would bring in some extra functionality.

But while trying to install it keeps flashing me with this: The folder path "Program files" contains an invalid character. I have tried several things. Checking the regedit for faulty registry entries, running the crappy "FixIt" tool from Windows, Installing it on another drive, or even outside the program files folder and on my desktop directly, but it keeps flashing this error message and ending the installation prematurely. It's not that there is not enough space free on the destination drives (which have both more than 200 GB of free space ). I am really out of ideas. And yes, i have done multiple redownloads, stepped down all the way to version 12, but still no luck.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance, Matthijs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]