FORUMS: list search recent posts

Neat Video for OFX

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Neat Video for OFX
on Sep 23, 2016 at 8:39:59 pm

Hi DaVinci Men,

Question regarding Neat Videos noise cleaner: I am so not happy with the NR of DaVinci, compared to the Neat Video one.
Now, I want to finally purchase this jewel, though it's quiet pricey in its OFX version.
I did hear from a colleague in the industry though, that the OFX version is rather buggy and causes DaVinci to crash quiet frequently.
True?
Anybody experience with this NR Plug in inside Resolve?
Thanx.

Greetings,

Sascha.

Sascha Engel
KINO KITCHEN Studio
http://www.kinokitchen.co.il
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Neat Video for OFX
on Sep 24, 2016 at 10:52:47 am

I've not experienced an overwhelming number of crashes with Neatvideo OFX, altho' it DOES crash occasionally. However, processing time is exceptionally long; and, therefore unusable. Other applications with the Neatvideo plugin, like AFX for Media Composer, take a fraction of the time.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Sep 24, 2016 at 11:54:13 am

Hi Bill,

That's interesting. I've used NeatVideo in FCPX before and rendering time was really ok.
So maybe I should buy it for my system for X then?
It's also a lot cheaper for the X platform.
Only downside I gotta round trip from DaVinci to X and back for noise cleaning.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
KINO KITCHEN Studio
http://www.kinokitchen.co.il
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Sep 28, 2016 at 12:13:43 pm

Sascha,
Two followup points:
1-I'm on a PC, not a MAC
2-The AVX and standalone versions of NeatVideo run very fast. It's only the OFX version, withing Resolve, that seems to take forever to process. I've read many accounts of other PC users encountering this same issue.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Sep 26, 2016 at 4:07:04 am

I'm using NeatVideo OFX on 12.5.2 on macOS 10.10.5, and I'm not experiencing any significant instability or slowness that can be attributed to this plugin. I'm assuming that you ran the Neat Video "Optimize Performance" profiler for your OFX version?

The only thing that bugs me about using NeatVideo in Resolve is that even if you cache the node you've applied NV to, when you switch a node into Highlight view downstream of that node, Resolve completely ignores the upstream node cache! This makes things like adjusting Qualifiers feel like you're submerged in a vat of molasses.

Admittedly this is not a NV-specific problem, but it's a big enough problem that I will often hesitate to use NV unless I really need it.

I've submitted this as a bug/feature-request way back when node-caching was first introduced, so it's a real bummer that this problem still persists in 12.5.2.

Return to posts index

bob kimberly
on Oct 1, 2016 at 7:39:54 am

i eventually bought the cheaper version of neat video for fcp with the intention that i could just make the noise reduction settings there and then export from final cut....in theory it was a nice work around but not very elegant.
then i discovered this new trick...download the free version of fusion....send your clips from resolve into fusion and use the noise reduction that comes with it...then resend the clips back to davinci resolve for exporting....my new preferred work flow and i dint have to fork out for another plug in!

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Oct 2, 2016 at 8:06:56 am

Hi,

That sound interesting.
Could you elaborate a little more in depth about the steps and how you do it: What and how you export from DaVinci, how you import into Fusion, what you exactly do in Fusion (I never used that software before), and how do I get it back to DaVinci?

Thanx a lot!

Greetings,

Sascha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]