FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF to protools bug and a database conundrum

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Gissing
AAF to protools bug and a database conundrum
on Sep 22, 2016 at 1:29:51 am

Double banger here. Using 12.5.1 and the export to ProTools AAF that had been working now exports without adding the 100 frame specified handles to the audio. I want to update to 12.5.2 to see if what had been working has been fixed so any feedback is welcome.

The other issue is that I usually do a database backup before updating and I have noticed that now when I open Resolve 12.5.1, it doesn't go to the usual first screen to ask for the user but goes straight to the project load screen. In otherwords it bypasses the screen where database backups are initiated. I can't see how to get to that screen from within Resolve and I don't understand why it is no longer asking for users. Is there another simple way to backup databases without that? I have backed up the project file so it would be possible to revert to an older database and add the current project in case 12.5.2 does something to an almost finished project.

I did read some reports that some people had experienced colour shifts going from 12.5.1 to 12.5.2. Is that generally true or specific to certain codecs?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: AAF to protools bug and a database conundrum
on Sep 23, 2016 at 5:11:45 am

In User Prefs, choose System and check off "Show Multi-User Login Window." Then the program will behave as before.

When you're in a project, you should be able to hit the Home button (house, lower right corner) and you should see the Project Manager window, with a button in the upper right to get to the Database. Once there, all the backup/restore functions should still work.

Zero color shifts noticed here. I have encountered occasion very subtle sluggishness on some level changes when knobs are moved, but it's unpredictable and doesn't seem to happen more than 4 or 5 times a day. For all I know, this could be OS related and might have nothing to do with Resolve.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 23, 2016 at 5:23:53 am

Thanks Marc. I knew it had to buried in there somewhere. Just rendering a 100 minute show now so it will be a while before I can get to the backup.

I don't need the multi user login so I will find it in the project manager window. I did look there but must have missed it.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Sep 23, 2016 at 7:50:31 am

Sometimes it's good to use the multi-user log-in, because there are cases where a file may be corrupted in such a way that it doesn't work for the main user but will work for a guest. I mainly use it in cases where I have to share a DRP session with somebody else, and I just check the export in the Guest user account to make sure nothing is amiss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]