FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grading same source clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Grading same source clips
on Sep 19, 2016 at 6:12:23 pm

One big helpful feature of Avid Symphony is the ability to color correct one clip, and have that grade applied to every single instance of that clip in the sequence. You let the app know to apply this to clips with the same name, or the same source reel number, and color one clip, every time that clip appears in the sequence is already graded. This, of course, is a HUGE time saver.

Does Resolve do this?

Because I have projects that land in my lap that have two deliverables...a "cut to clock" version, meaning with act breaks for commercials, and then a SEAMLESS version that has no act breaks, but also has 5 minutes of additional footage for international distribution. So...I have two versions to grade, basically. When I did this with Avid Symphony, it was VERY easy. I graded the Seamless and all the corrections applied to the Cut to Clock (as the seamless was the same, but with more material) and then I was done.

I've looked in the manual for this option and cannot find it. Please tell me Resolve can do this....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Grading same source clips
on Sep 19, 2016 at 6:26:16 pm

Someone posted the answer on Facebook...REMOTE GRADES.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Grading same source clips
on Sep 20, 2016 at 5:07:28 am

Pages 865-877 in the 12.5 manual.

If I had two versions of a show -- one with commercial breaks and one without -- I'd just duplicate the timeline, which automatically brings over all the corrections, and then cut out the commercial breaks in the Edit page. It's easy to do.

On many of the syndicated shows I've worked on in the past 25+ years, we'd have a North American version with 2-second commercial blacks, and then a "BBC" version that would eliminate all blacks, requiring us to figure out how to pull up the fades and cut & mix the audio in such a way that the break was undetectable. It can be done... it just takes time. It's much easier today than it was 10-15 years ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]