FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thumbnail Resolution & Quality in the Lightbox View?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dereck Hoekstra
Thumbnail Resolution & Quality in the Lightbox View?
on Sep 10, 2016 at 11:50:17 pm
Last Edited By Dereck Hoekstra on Sep 10, 2016 at 11:51:25 pm

Is there a way to adjust the quality/restitution of the thumbnails in the lightbox view? When expanding the lightbox to full screen and viewing the thumbnails at their largest scale, they seem very low quality and pixelated. This just makes me feel uneasy when judging the consistency of a correction/look from shot to shot throughout a scene. If I could make them say 50% higher res, I would feel so much better in judging these thumbnails.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Thumbnail Resolution & Quality in the Lightbox View?
on Sep 11, 2016 at 1:08:02 pm

No, there's no way to adjust that. I just use the Lightbox to find similar shots that happened X number of scenes earlier and center-click them when necessary. I don't look it over and judge how the project looks, especially on a GUI monitor. It's only a rough guide.

Return to posts index

Dereck Hoekstra
on Sep 11, 2016 at 4:56:34 pm

Gotcha, thanks Marc

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Sep 12, 2016 at 5:41:35 am

I do use Lightbox quite a bit for some projects, particularly when the director wants to jump to a specific sequence. It's also handy if I work on (say) Reel 3, and the director points out we had a similar shot in Reel 1. Lightbox allows me to find the identical shot, quickly pull up that still, then compare it to the new scene. It does help quite a bit in copying over corrections and in navigation.

Return to posts index

Dereck Hoekstra
on Sep 13, 2016 at 4:44:01 pm

Totally, I absolutely LOVE the lightbox view, its the primary reason why I never gave SpeedGrade a chance. I'm super visual, so I use it all the time when understanding the progression of my scenes and choosing my hero shots. If they made the res/qual of the thumbnails adjustable, I'd use it even more!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]