FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Issues With Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Akbaroff
Multiple Issues With Resolve
on Sep 6, 2016 at 10:48:49 pm

Hi guys,

We are having all kind of issues with Resolve. We'd really appreciate it if someone could help us out with these problems?

1. Despite our “fully loaded” Mac Pro, we get delayed playback when playing back raw RED 5k footage and it only gets worse with HDR
2. When rendering a timeline longer than 3 minutes, we get horizontal green or blue lines across the screen on random output frames
3. Every few output frames, contains black boxes within the frame. It’s almost like not data has been rendered
4. Both of the above issues, 2 & 3, become worse when noise reduction band motion blur is ON
5. As we use more nodes, more bad frames get generated

Any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Multiple Issues With Resolve
on Sep 6, 2016 at 10:55:29 pm

Sounds like the graphics card is not coping. When you say fully loaded Mac Pro, what is your machine specs especially graphics card and is it above Blackmagic's published minimum specs.

Return to posts index

Bobby Akbaroff
on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:08:21 pm

Our late 2013 Mac Pro's Pec is as follow:

2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
64GB (4x16GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
1TB PCIe-based flash storage
Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:28:35 pm

I am more familiar with NVIDIA cards but if they are the same cards as the trashcan MacPro I have heard there have been GPU overheating issues and longer projects can have render and playback issues. Not sure if that is the case for you.

Also 4k timelines do best with 8gig or more VRAM. Something to do with 4k frame size and VRAM buffering. I am using Titan X and the new GTX1080 cards. Even then I get best playback by running r3ds at half res and having scaling set to best for playback.

Obviously I set renders to highest quality.

Return to posts index

Bobby Akbaroff
on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:31:51 pm

Thank you Michael. I totally get where you're coming from. We have a Windows unit that doesn't have this issue.

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Sep 7, 2016 at 5:30:34 am

Hmmm... R3D @ 5K HDR with corrections and NR nodes on what debayer setting?

I guess it sounds (at least) like the edge of what a 3 year old Mac Pro can do these days.
I hate saying this, as I'm an avid mac user for years.

No workstation solution or update from apple in 993 days... this is the longest they took. ever.

So unless something magical suddenly happens and a no-leaks-supper-new-surprising release is announced soon.
these cute little beasts are slowly (?) becoming living relics.

Or... could your Mac Pro be one of these?
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/06/late-2013-mac-pro-video-issues-repair-p...

hector

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]