FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output R3D file with renamed filename instead of the original file name in the metadata

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaku Ito
Output R3D file with renamed filename instead of the original file name in the metadata
on Sep 6, 2016 at 1:30:31 am

We had to rename the R3D files according to the clients' request, so the each R3D file name is renamed manually with a new name. They show up in the media pool, timeline fine, then export at QT or DNx they are named as the original R3D filenames ( I guess from the meta data). DPX output as the new files names, fine. Is there a setting to change to output QT and DNx as the new file name? Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: Output R3D file with renamed filename instead of the original file name in the metadata
on Sep 6, 2016 at 7:57:36 am

Hi

I tired to duplicate your problem.
renamed an R3D.
graded
then exported as individual clips using source name to QT PR422.

it exported with the new (renamed) name.

where did you rename the files?
what's the workflow?
Setting up rushes for editing?
or coloring an edited project within a round trip to some NLE?
if its the first option, I can see why you would like to keep the name you gave it,
if its the second, not sure why its so important.

hector.

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
Re: Output R3D file with renamed filename instead of the original file name in the metadata
on Sep 6, 2016 at 8:50:50 am

Hello Hector,

Thank you very much for taking your time.
rename was done on the windows or Mac finder.
I think this is something to do with the underscore character existing in the file name.

We have very special job from the client which does not have round trip procedure.

Footage files to be renamed to what they want, then graded with Resolve (previously done in RCX pro which did not give me any issue with proper way of naming the files) then export full length as individual files.

It is important to rename because for them so graded and converted files matches the file names of the raw files.
The number of clips are more than 2000 clips.

I ended up exporting with RCXpro for the rush and tiff from the Davinci at this point.

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Sep 6, 2016 at 10:10:37 am

tested it again with underscore and numbers in the rename
renamed in finder.
brought into resolve
graded
export to QT as individual files (source name checked, unique file names unchecked)
works ok. file keeps the new name.

something in your settings/setup must be wrong.

can you give more detail about your stages within resolve?

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Sep 6, 2016 at 10:54:17 am

Hi Hector,

Can you try with something like below?

TKR_002_C003_U_AYA_N_04_

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:10:01 am

I thought it would work... but tested again anyway :)
and it works fine..

again, something else must be wrong with your setup.

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Sep 6, 2016 at 12:03:22 pm

It's good to know way out, but is your system Mac based or Windows based?

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Sep 6, 2016 at 12:15:42 pm

mac...

hard for me to believe it would be different on windows

Return to posts index

Kaku Ito
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:46:40 pm

Hi,

The latest 12.5.3 windows fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]