FORUMS: list search recent posts

new issues relinking R3Ds

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Greene
new issues relinking R3Ds
on Sep 5, 2016 at 11:08:50 am

howdy

I'm having issues relinking a MOV based sequence to the original R3Ds.

I've done this in the past with no issue by importing the MOV based XML (from Premiere Pro) without media,
using the media browser to to import all the R3D media,
then using the "Reconform from Bins" option.

This time Resolve successfully relinks 80% of the media but then on other clips it actually changes the name of the file and reconnects to the wrong media clip. I.E. a R3D file starting with B004 will upon relinking change in the sequence to the wrong R3D clip named B002.

The XML out of Premiere seems to be fine on testing it's the relinking within Resolve going haywire.

Any tips?!?!?!?

thx

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
Re: new issues relinking R3Ds
on Sep 5, 2016 at 12:58:54 pm

could be many things.

can you detail your workflow a bit more?

I recommend populating media pool first, then importing XML and unchecking the automatically find media.
noticed it worked better.

if you take a chunk of timeline that contains mistakes, make a new timeline out of it and then try and send that short simple timeline (preferably one simple cut to cut track) via xml does it still get confused?

did you try exporting AAF instead?

lastly, from my many years conforming projects, 80% is maybe borderline, but quite good an outcome for automatic tools.
as long as you have an offline ref and all the media, you should manually reconnect the remaining 20% in a rather short time. (unless this is a1000 cuts project and 200 of them didn't reconnect...)

there are always bugs and gremlins when moving projects around, and always some files that with no apparent (or simple to find) reason reconnect wrong. I found that in most cases the fastest solution is not to fix the workflow, but to get the job done :)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: new issues relinking R3Ds
on Sep 5, 2016 at 9:26:41 pm

Often when it reconnects to the wrong file there may be issues with the timecode on the mov proxies not matching the original r3ds so it selects a different file with the correct timecode.

I also prefer to import the media and then the xml. Make sure you tell it to ignore file extensions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]