FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve inspector widow issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoav Dagan
Resolve inspector widow issues
on Aug 31, 2016 at 9:40:33 am

Hi

I found a very irritating issues between the EDIT / Color transform controls, maybe I am doing something wrong?

I imported FCP7 XML of a 90 min doccie - lots of different sizes, Pal / HD etc'

1. The interpolation of the transform (Size/zoom/pan/tilt) from FCP did not translate properly in resolve..
2. in the edit window I can see a ZOOM values (not right but there are values)
3.in the COLOR window / Sizing tab / Edit sizing - this original values do not appear!! (only if I reset the values back in the edit window!! ) very time consuming (I got many old footage like that
4. So - workflow (for me) - go back to EDIT window, select clip, Transform, reset and back to COLOR window.

5. While going back and forth to the edit window/Transform tab, I have found out that if I press the reset button on the Composite area it defaulting to NORMAL and the Opacity goes to 50%??? Surely it's wrong...

Anyone know about that?

Yoav Dagan
Colourist / Onliner
TiNT Post Production
South Africa
tintpost.com

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve inspector widow issues
on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:09:07 am

Sizing and other aspects do not translate well between FCP7 and other editing programs. In particular, sizing does not generally translate to Resolve. My advice is to render a flattened reference file from FCP7 and use that to manually resize all the shots.

I have seen cases where recent versions of Premiere and Avid do export XMLs where size changes do translate correctly. In particular, on one Avid project sometime back, they had dynamic repositions that actually came through in Resolve just fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]