Resolve <-> Premiere Pro Workflow Question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benny Herch
Resolve <-> Premiere Pro Workflow Question
on Aug 30, 2016 at 7:48:49 pm

Hey Community,

I have a question for my Workflow:

I cut in PP and grade in Resolve. I did my Grading and now I changed and adjusted some shots in PP. If I now export my new XML to Resolve I would have to copy each Grading to the corresponding clip, but with more than 200 clips at least this is beyond furstrating. Is there a way where Resolve saves the grading adjustments to the filename or something?

thanks
Monte

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve <-> Premiere Pro Workflow Question
on Aug 30, 2016 at 9:49:15 pm

[Benny Herch] "Is there a way where Resolve saves the grading adjustments to the filename or something?
"

Its the timeline process called "Colortrace" which takes a bit of reading to grasp, but can be fairly straightforward. With the new sequence selecte4d (imported in Resolve), you will find a right-click Timeline... will open a dialog with Colortrace as an option. Find your user partition, project and the timeline you want to copy from -- there are two modes, auto and manual. Depending on how robust the match is between sequences, you may get the whole thing, or if there are some missing, then you can resort to a source/target mode. There are other ways of importing grades from another timeline, using stills as a transport mechanism, or power grades.... memories...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve <-> Premiere Pro Workflow Question
on Aug 31, 2016 at 6:39:24 am

Benny, you should try it when you have a 2-hour feature with 2500 cuts, and they've changed half the movie. 200 cuts is easy.

ColorTrace is an absolute lifesaver, but be sure to check the entire reel to make sure everything is correct. In particular, keep an eye on tracking windows and dissolves, in the event the shot length has changed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]