FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Lite - Exporting Issues with 4.5k Res Media

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dereck Hoekstra
Resolve Lite - Exporting Issues with 4.5k Res Media
on Aug 30, 2016 at 1:15:17 am

I'm having trouble exporting a 4480 x 1920 (2.33) RED file out of DaVinci Resolve Lite 12.5.

The timeline resolution in Resolve is set to half of the source res with the same aspect ratio at 2,240 x 960. When choosing the render settings, I check on "render at source resolution" in hopes that it'll maintain the original 4.5k resolution of the source footage.

When I render it out in Resolve, it gives me a clip that adds a large black frame around all corners of the image (top, bottom, left and right). When loading the clip in Premiere Pro, I have to scale the exported clip by about 36% in order for the edges of the frame (the footage not the black bars) to match the 4480 x 1920 timeline. It seems that Resolve Lite is scaling my original 4.5k clip down by 36%. When looking at the properties of the exported clip, it says the resolution of it is 4480 x 1920, so I think whats its done is its literally baked a black frame around the footage. I threw a crappy color effect on the clip with Premieres fast color corrector and the black frame started to change colors with the footage (picture attached)

Has Blackmagic limited the free version of Resolve to export a maximum resolution of Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)? I see that as the largest resolution preset in the resolution drop down menu. I've tried a dozen different exports with no success to get a clip at full 4.5k res, am I missing something here?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve Lite - Exporting Issues with 4.5k Res Media
on Aug 30, 2016 at 2:03:24 pm

[Dereck Hoekstra] "am I missing something here?"

Nope. You are correct, Resolve 12.5, as differentiated from Resolve Studio is output-limited to UHD.

License time!

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Dereck Hoekstra
Re: Resolve Lite - Exporting Issues with 4.5k Res Media
on Aug 30, 2016 at 4:18:40 pm

Thanks for clarifying Joseph!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]