FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML Import Error: Parameters inconsistent, speed effect will be ignored *Resolve XML into FCP7

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thea Valgardsson
XML Import Error: Parameters inconsistent, speed effect will be ignored *Resolve XML into FCP7
on Aug 28, 2016 at 3:50:05 pm

I have a music video project that was edited in FCP7....I imported the XML to Resolve, graded it and now I'm trying to get it back into FCP7 for finalization.
I've exported with the render pre-set 'FCP7 XML' and when I try to import into FCP I get an error log with this:
'Parameters inconsistent, speed effect will be ignored'

It's an error line for at least 30 clips and which creates multiple holes in the edit where it has, I suppose, changed the speed of the clip...
Deleting the holes wouldn't be so terrifying if this wasn't a music video, so relying on very correct spacing for the lip syncing which was already finalized.

Is there something wrong with the way I'm exporting from Resolve?
The footage is all Pro Res 422 HQ...a lot of slow motion and slow motion to normal speed clips.

Sorry if my question is a basic problem, still a newbie... I hadn't found any similar posts or answers for this specific issue...
Thanks for any help whatsoever.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: XML Import Error: Parameters inconsistent, speed effect will be ignored *Resolve XML into FCP7
on Aug 28, 2016 at 8:41:35 pm

If the Resolve timeline speed maps are correct, and you are seeing the correct sync, timing, and so on...

Probably re-creating them in FCP7 on a round trip is not the only approach, and you might find that if you were to render a single clip of the music video, you would get what you want. If you have a working-ish round trip back to FCP already, but looking for a way just to fix those 30 or so re-maps that FCP doesn't like, then it would be way easier to re-conform those clips from the exported "whole-baked" movie than it would be to troubleshoot them individually... mainly because the frame-to-frame correspondence is never actually going to be identical. You may or may not get a better result from Resolve depending on the blending/nearest/Optical Flow you choose over what FCP is offering, which is "blend."

Export the whole timeline, import to FCP7. park it on a higher layer, get out your razor tool and play some Tetris with it.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]