FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating offline media and syncing audio in Resolve (11)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Roche
Creating offline media and syncing audio in Resolve (11)
on Aug 17, 2016 at 2:39:46 pm

Hi

I'm working on a low budget documentary project where there is a bunch of footage shot by the director on their own camera a Panasonic GH4 and a Zoom H4n for sound mostly. A professional sound recordist was present for a number of interviews and I have a sound report from them and more substantially organised files and folders for this. What I have now is a couple of drives with around 6 hours of footage across a number of folders and multiple clips. It's chaos! The footage was shot 4K. I now need to produce a set of offline media and sync with it's corresponding audio and I'm trying to find the best approach fro this. Obviously we don't have timecode to work with for syncing. Previously I have used resolve for this sort of work but in those cases we had shot with either Alexa or F55 and sync locked timecode with the sound recordist so we were able to auto sync and then manually deal with the points where there had been drift. The file naming and structures were also a lot more organised and consistent.

My question(s) -
- is Resolve still a good option to go about the work mentioned above or should I be looking at doing all of this in a Premiere CC project for instance (the edit will be in Premiere CC). I intend to transcode to something like ProRes 422 1080p.
- I've read about the audio processing in resolve (although this is on a forum post from a few years ago) that audio goes through a process in export that would mean we would want to re-link to the original audio media. Is this the case? I would prefer not to have to do that and only need to do this with the picture.

Sorry for very basic questions but hoping someone might be able to help!?

Return to posts index

Ali Roche
Re: Creating offline media and syncing audio in Resolve (11)
on Sep 1, 2016 at 1:28:29 pm

Just giving this post a nudge in the hope someone might be able to provide some advice? Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]