FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply "Auto Color" to all clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dial Jay
Apply "Auto Color" to all clips
on Jul 25, 2016 at 12:14:29 pm

Hi there, I want to be able to dynamically apply "Auto Color" to all clips in my timeline and am unable to do so.

If I apply it to one clip then try to apply to all clips it applies the "Auto Color" settings that it applied to the first clip and doesn't take the other clips into consideration. I also tried to use the still gallery which does the same thing.

Is there a way to variably apply the "Auto Color" option to all clips without having to select each one individually and pressing ALT-A?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Apply "Auto Color" to all clips
on Jul 27, 2016 at 3:45:33 pm

[Dial Jay] "If I apply it to one clip then try to apply to all clips it applies the "Auto Color" settings that it applied to the first clip and doesn't take the other clips into consideration."

So your thinking is that "Auto Color" is a scripted instruction that gets stored with a grabbed still, and if you copy that correction to the rest of the project it "Autobalances" the entire show?

The still is like a LUT -- when you invoke it, the Auto Color instruction performs some kind of analysis on your selected image and generates a set of RGB adjustments, like punching the "Auto White" button on a camera. When you apply that still to all the other clips on a timeline, it applies that adjustment -- it moves Red this much, blue that much, and green some other much, what it did for that one image.

What you might be looking for is the "Shot Match" function... Do an Auto Color on your hero shot, Command- or Shift- click your entire timeline, right click the hero shot, and choose "Shot Match to this Clip." The function is discussed in the manual, and you can find it easily with "Shot Match" as a search term.

Good luck. This function is intended to do a ballpark estimation, and its success depends on whether the rest of the timeline has anything to do with your hero shot. Sometimes bigger differences are reconciled better than small differences, but in the end you are surrendering to the machine.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Apply "Auto Color" to all clips
on Jul 30, 2016 at 4:05:21 pm

If you had any kind of control surface you might be able to build a macro for this. (Or I suppose download a macro program and program it to any key on your keyboard).

Next shot/autocolor/repeat.

I've never used autocolor but I'm assuming it has a keyboard shortcut.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]