FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 15.5 o

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florian Gintenreiter
Resolve 15.5 o
on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:46:27 am

I am running DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio on a 2013 MacPro dual D700 cards. Recently I first used "Open FX" plugins the first time in a Project. I used "Lens Blur" to blur a logo and "Lens Flare" on another clip. They were not used on the same clip and not in the same node. When I rendered out from Resolve I got glitches on the clips that had OFX on them, but they were not consistent. I had to render each timeline a couple of times to get Resolve to render the OFX clips cleanly.
The glitches I got were: random levels of blur for a single frame on the OFX blur and the Lens Flare just disappearing for a frame or two.
I cleared the render cache before final output.
Those glitchy frames would not stay in the same spot. When I had to rerender they would appear in a different frame of the clip, or when I was lucky, were gone altogether.

I am not 100% sure that "Lens Blur" and "Lens Flare" are stock Resolve Effects or are part of the HitFilm Plugins, but I think they're Resolve native, because they're listed under "ResolveFX" in the Library

Any ideas why this is and how to avoid it?

cheers

Florian

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve 15.5 o
on Jul 16, 2016 at 5:35:09 am

The glitches are coming from the D700 GPUs, and (my opinion) are the results of the chips being unable to cope with a lot of stress, resulting in excessive heat that puts momentary glitches in the picture.

In some cases, you can get rid of the glitches by having Apple or an authorized service company replace the D700s. Be warned that I'm on my third set of GPUs and the problem still comes up from time to time. My opinion is that it's a design flaw caused by the chips not getting enough ventilation in the confined space of the new MacPro round cabinet. The problem is serious enough that it's driving people to other platforms, like Windows and Linux.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]