FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve: A Method to Synchronize Zooming and Reposition in Dual Split Screen?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Owens
DaVinci Resolve: A Method to Synchronize Zooming and Reposition in Dual Split Screen?
on Jun 29, 2016 at 1:26:37 am

I have a project where I need to zoom, pan, etc. on dual split screen images - two still images - split to the left and right - in DaVinci Resolve (12.5).

Is there a 'technique' or 'method' that would permit me to do these movements in a synchronized manner?
The zoom or pan would need to be in exact synch for both images at the same time (the same zoom or movement at any given moment).

So, it is something like a Ken Burns effect, but done at the same time on two still images on a split screen.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Randall

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: DaVinci Resolve: A Method to Synchronize Zooming and Reposition in Dual Split Screen?
on Jun 29, 2016 at 5:59:21 am

No, not at the same time. But you could cut-and-paste either the Transform Attributes (in the Edit page) or PTZR keyframes (in the Color page) by having two video tracks and then select just one by using the Unmix control. It'd be a pain in the ass, but it could be done. It's possible you could assign a macro to it with a 3rd-party hardware/software combo, but it'd require some experimentation.

Return to posts index

Randall Owens
Re: DaVinci Resolve: A Method to Synchronize Zooming and Reposition in Dual Split Screen?
on Jun 29, 2016 at 11:34:37 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check this out to see if I could manage it.

I'm also thinking it could possibly be done with the paid Studio version, using 3-D tools, but I'm not familiar with using any of these. Does anyone have any experience with this as a possibility?
Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jul 2, 2016 at 4:36:33 am

I thought of another possible way: go through one entire timeline, then create a new (identical) timeline with the same edit points but different clips, then use ColorTrace to just copy over the same PTZR positioning over to the other timeline. Now you'd have two timelines with identical dynamic position moves.

Return to posts index

Randall Owens
on Jul 2, 2016 at 6:05:44 am

That's an innovative thought!
I'll have to try and see if it would work as proposed - but it sounds very promising!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 2, 2016 at 3:56:52 pm

This is what fusion is meant for. Once you learn the basics (loader, transform, animate and saver) it should take you about
5 mins.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]