FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scene detection with handles or post clip media change

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Declan Smith
Scene detection with handles or post clip media change
on Jun 26, 2016 at 7:33:42 pm

I have used the scene detection to go through a 45 minute piece, went through and "verified" the cuts and added the splits to the media pool created the timeline and got to work on colour grading all is good. However, someway through the project there are a number of clips which are one frame out at the head or tail. Going into the edit mode, I can't correct by a rolling edit as each clip has a fixed length, so the only way I can fix it up is to use the blade and create a 1 frame cut and reapply a grade to that clip. This is tiresome.

So question is.

1. Is there a way to add handles on scene detection to avoid this
2. Is there a way to change the clips in the media bin (start / end)
3. Can I "refresh" the media pool by going back to scene detection and correcting, but retain the animated grades I have already done.

I am not overly familiar with resolve.

Thanks in advance

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
After Effects CS6/ FCS3 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Scene detection with handles or post clip media change
on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:11:32 pm

Don't think any of those approaches are viable... Resolve cuts up the source clip and then treats them as new independent clips as if they were unique in origin.

If there are only a few instances, one approach might be to re-import the complete movie and re-create subclips from it to insert into the timeline at the appropriate points.

Marc has evolved an approach that emulates an *import as cutlist* strategy, where you use an EDL generated from the scene detect timeline and re-apply it to the original whole movie, and I think you get the opportunity to move event boundaries in that workflow...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Colja Krugmann
Re: Scene detection with handles or post clip media change
on Jul 12, 2016 at 9:59:16 pm

Hi,
you can use the scene cut detection, but instead of adding the edits make an edl of that scene cut detection and apply it to the same clip in the timeline (i don't have Davinci at hand to tell you what the commands are called exactly).
I would then place your new edit on a videotrack underneath the one you have been working with so you can simply delete the clips on V2 that you have had problems with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]