FORUMS: list search recent posts

PCI flash scratch disk

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
iain crawford
PCI flash scratch disk
on Jun 16, 2016 at 10:15:13 pm

I have a mac pro 2009 model that has been just been upgraded to a 12 core 3.06Ghz, with a GTX980, a decklink mini

In the hard drive bays I have a 256GB SSD and a 1T HHD

I have just bought a 512GB Samsung SM951, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) AHCI SSD flash memory, I plan to put this in one of the PCI slots

My question is, what the best set up to use this with resolve, to put the OS and software programs on the PCI flash and use the SSD in the bay as a scratch disk or the other way around OS on SSD in bay and scratch off PCI flash

Or any other advice about how to get the best performance using this set up, or in fact is the PCI flash SSD a good idea

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: PCI flash scratch disk
on Jun 17, 2016 at 6:12:14 am

Not sure if you will get the full speed out of the Samsung M2 with an old mobo. I am using one as my OS drive on a brand new Asus PC and it flies. Too small for anything else for me as I have an onboard 24TB RAID with 6TB sata drives that is really fast for media and rendering to.

You can always run a test with the Blackmagic speed test to get an idea if the M2 is going to give decent speeds on media files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]