FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro wont startup with GTX970 Graphics Card (for DaVinci Resolve)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Øystein Rabbe
Mac Pro wont startup with GTX970 Graphics Card (for DaVinci Resolve)
on Mar 21, 2016 at 11:45:15 am

This might not be the right place to post this question, but I am not sure where else to put it so I put it here.

To work in DaVinci Resolve I bought a "Gainward GeForce GTX970 4GB Phantom" Graphics card PC-version
Being told that the only difference from a PC-version and Mac-version would be that I dont get the Apple Boot Screen.
Is that so?

What happens when I install the card is that the Mac seemingly boot up, it goes a little time (30-60 seconds) and then it restarts and the same process goes again and again. Never getting anything on the screen.

I can not continue to use my my current card as UI since it also requires extra power connected.

I have installed both (2x) Power chords on the GTX970 graphics card.
Is there something else I should do/haven't done?
Do I need another driver?

Any idea what could be the issue here?

The setup:
Mac Pro Mid 2010
OSX 10.11.3 El Capitan
20 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
BlackMagic Deckling Extreme 3D Video Card

Current GPU: ATI Radeon HD5870 1024

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Mac Pro wont startup with GTX970 Graphics Card (for DaVinci Resolve)
on Mar 25, 2016 at 11:20:42 pm

[Øystein Rabbe] "What happens when I install the card is that the Mac seemingly boot up, it goes a little time (30-60 seconds) and then it restarts and the same process goes again and again. Never getting anything on the screen."

Yes, that means that you don't have an appropriate driver and the OS boot doesn't think you have a GPU installed. Are you trying to run Resolve on the GTX970 inside the Mac? That will be a power concern.

Try looking for an nVidia driver like 346.02.03f05 which is what I am currently driving my Titan Blacks with under Yosemite.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]