FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyboard shortcuts for color wheels???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
keyboard shortcuts for color wheels???
on Nov 27, 2015 at 7:23:40 am

Do keyboard shortcuts exist for adjusting the values of the standard color wheels, lift, gamma, gain and offset???

Avid seems to allow selecting or highlighting the value field and then one can use the keyboard arrow keys to nudge values or use shift+ up/down arrow to move them in larger step increments.

But Resolve seems to allow only a mouse or stylus but the lack of a consistent or precises response to mouse swipes drives me nuts.

Sometimes it increments immediately; sometimes it seems to require a longer swipe to get any action. Or, it will increment somewhat and then stop. No precision.

Would be great to tab over or click to select the field then up/down arrow to increment the value. And shift+up/down to move the value by 5 or 10 units.

Must be some fix other than a very expensive surface.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: keyboard shortcuts for color wheels???
on Nov 27, 2015 at 8:05:02 am

[Michael McCune] "Must be some fix other than a very expensive surface."

There is! It's called a not so expensive surface. Like the Tangent Ripple.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: keyboard shortcuts for color wheels???
on Nov 29, 2015 at 9:16:02 am

No, there is not. In general, it's a bad idea to try to color-correct with a mouse... but having said that, there are some brilliant colorists around the world that work this way (particularly with Lustre). To me, it makes no sense if a panel is available, and it's a very slow way of working plus you can't move two knobs at the same time, but that's me.

You can switch back and forth between Primary mode and Log mode with option-Z, but that's not quite the same thing. It would theoretically be possible to use a 3rd party keyboard like an XKeys panel to automatically jump into the numerical window for Lift, Gamma, or Gain, but that won't let you move the virtual trackball.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]