FORUMS: list search recent posts

CLIENT MONITOR having a Flander CM250 as reference monitor ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abraham Torna
CLIENT MONITOR having a Flander CM250 as reference monitor ?
on Aug 24, 2015 at 8:34:00 pm

OK so big struggle here trying to decide cliente monitor, four options from now:

1- Panasonic 60" Plasma TV TC-P60ST50 that cost me around $700 (Yes, insane) from March 2012

2- Panasonic TH-65PB2U 65" $1700 from July 2013

3- Sony XBR65X950B $5,500 if this work for Rob Bessette definitly work for me (Thanks Sam Gilling!) and is in my budget limit but ok.

4- Wait for IFA Berlin to see what Santa Claus bring to the table.

I decide tlo go with the Flander CM250 OLED, so with that in mind what do you think ?

I can wait one or two months and in the meantime purchasing and setup the rest of the stuff (I already have a Plasma TC-P50ST60 for the moment)

Sony has the time prof 4K that at somepoint we will get there but in the other hand is expensive that the panny only HD. I saw in person the Sony X950B in Bestbuy and is very good looking even in the magnolia enviroment, impresive !.

Would love to have access to a Panny BT300 but there is no way that I can find anybody selling online second hand.

As aditional info to take in account considering to purchase the SPECTRACAL C6 COLORIMETER and CALMAN Studio for DIY calibration so...

Any thought ?

http://www.abrahamtorna.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: CLIENT MONITOR having a Flander CM250 as reference monitor ?
on Aug 25, 2015 at 4:20:52 pm

[Abraham Torna] "As aditional info to take in account considering to purchase the SPECTRACAL C6 COLORIMETER and CALMAN Studio for DIY calibration so... "

You'll need it. If you are considering consumer display, this is not an option, and it will make the TV sets effectively much more expensive when you factor in the cost of the calibration. Unless you also have a 3D Display LUT-box, you will also be juggling outputs from Resolve to reconcile the difference between your grade monitor and the client convenience. That is, INconvenient for you.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Abraham Torna
Re: CLIENT MONITOR having a Flander CM250 as reference monitor ?
on Aug 26, 2015 at 2:22:28 pm

Maybe I pick my words lightly, I definitly want to have the posibility to adjust my monitors anytime, thanks!

Anyone that could help me client monitor desition ?

The Panasonic TH-65PB2U, I has not aware to be touchscreen so is a no Go, but what about the others ?

http://www.abrahamtorna.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]