FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 12: Delivery page timetime how-to

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Resolve 12: Delivery page timetime how-to
on Aug 22, 2015 at 7:18:45 pm

It is easy to see why Resolve has endured and is regarded as a mature color platform.

BUT the Delivery page timeline is a frustrating puzzle, at least for myself who is new to Resolve.

The simplest starting point, such as defining the clip export in/out points, seems to lack expected keyboard shortcuts and scaling the timeline is a mystery to me and seems to have no solution.

The expected keyboard shortcuts of i and o have no effect though one can find in the cti context menu the option to select "Mark in." No main menu option available it seems.

The timeline itself has a beginning and end of course, but how does one SCALE that duration to display greater or lesser time???

One may want to place the cti precisely but that, too, is not possible apparently as the display seems not to show the cti time code. While moving the cti the display does not update with placement info.

So far I have been using Data Burn to show the cti timecode in the view and that is not a problem because, for me, the Data Burn does not in fact export (!?).

I would be happy to learn that I am missing obvious solutions, or, more importantly, that there is a strategy behind this approach and reasons that these features are included or not.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve 12: Delivery page timetime how-to
on Aug 25, 2015 at 2:24:41 am

The usual Mark In shortcut ("i" key) is not working for me on the Delivery page, but I have successfully used the >| button for in and the |< button for out.

With the Delivery page (I balk at saying "Deliver" page) set to Color, you can make the timeline large or small with the scrollwheel on a 3-button mouse. In the Edit mode, you can control the timeline size with option-scroll. Interestingly, you can click-drag the in and out points in the Delivery Edit mode, but not the Color mode.

You can reveal Timeline Timecode via the window in the upper right of the viewer. I would agree with you that the display should always default to this mode.

Timecode Data can be inserted into the frame if you have checked off "Data Burn In: Same as Project" in the Format options section. That's assuming you turned on the windows with the Data Burn-In settings.

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
on Aug 25, 2015 at 7:31:38 pm

That is a help.

I predict that the "Deliver" page will get a lot of attention in the non-beta version update.

This last page perhaps received the least attention as crunch time approached.

I believe NAB rules say something about new product ship dates--within four months???

Mike

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Aug 26, 2015 at 12:25:38 am

[Michael McCune] "I believe NAB rules say something about new product ship dates--within four months???"
I don't think that applied to the Red camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]