FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 12 output rendering: is Pause an option???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Resolve 12 output rendering: is Pause an option???
on Aug 9, 2015 at 11:08:02 am

Premiere (Media Encoder) has the option to PAUSE an output render. Don't see that option in Resolve.

As a typical 4k>1080 (QT DNx220x) render might be 4 times real time (one hour real time requiring 4 hours of render time) on my system, the ability to pause the render and pursue other work would be helpful.

Possible in Resolve???

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Resolve 12 output rendering: is Pause an option???
on Aug 9, 2015 at 7:39:05 pm

Nope. You have two options in Resolve - Stop or Go!

You may be able to submit a feature request for that to be added in the future. While Resolve 12 is much improved from version 11, I still think their "Delivery" section needs an overhaul. Better use/display of presets, watch folders, settings, etc. That section of Resolve still feels like it needs a lot of TLC.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
on Aug 10, 2015 at 5:27:07 am

Thanks, Ryan. Yes, actually, there seem to be some beta-level signs of unavoidable incompleteness in the Delivery page.

Understandable.

How about these other Delivery page features in the future:
1. Set In/Out points with keyboard i/o keys as in the Edit and Color pages;
2. Carry Edit page and Color page In/Out settings over to the Delivery page;
2. Retain Delivery page In/Out settings after bouncing back from other pages;
3. Actually show Data Burn-in in the rendered output (it seems to display in the Delivery video window but does not seem to survive the render process).

Thanks again, Ryan.
Mike

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Aug 11, 2015 at 1:55:47 am

[Michael McCune] "1. Set In/Out points with keyboard i/o keys as in the Edit and Color pages;
2. Carry Edit page and Color page In/Out settings over to the Delivery page;
3. Retain Delivery page In/Out settings after bouncing back from other pages;
4. Actually show Data Burn-in in the rendered output (it seems to display in the Delivery video window but does not seem to survive the render process)."

I just did a data burn-in over the weekend for a temp file, and it absolutely does stay in the rendered output in v12 (at least for ProRes). I also just checked and "i" (by itself) will mark in and "o" (by itself) will mark out. This is v12b027.

What bugs me about the Deliver page is you can't hit Home or End to get to the first frame or last frame of the timeline. I agree, I wouldn't mind the In and Out points being retained from the Edit page. To my knowledge, we haven't ever been able to mark In and Out from the Color page; Mark In and Mark Out are grayed-out in the Mark menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]