FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes: Can it be trimmed using "Consolidate Clips" under Windows?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris Kohuth
ProRes: Can it be trimmed using "Consolidate Clips" under Windows?
on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:05:46 pm

I'm trying to find an effective workflow for using ProRes under Windows. (I'm considering a BlackMagic camera, and am trying to work out all the kinks.)

I frequently let my cameras run unattended, and so fill the entire card with a single clip. Since most isn't needed, I need a way to selectively copy only the usable bits a media drive.

DaVinci's updated "Consolidate Clips" function lets me do this with DNG image sequences, but not with ProRes Quicktime. Any reason why? (Note: I'm not talking about re-encoding ProRes; just losslessly trimming. Windows Quicktime Pro lets me do this, but the UI is unbearable.)

So: has anyone been able to get ProRes to consolidate (trim) using Windows? Or is that a Mac-only feature? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: ProRes: Can it be trimmed using "Consolidate Clips" under Windows?
on Jun 12, 2015 at 6:53:51 pm

I've tried every which way but Sunday to Consolidate or write Same as Source with ProRes on windows7 pro. Never have been able to get it to work...:(

Return to posts index

Kris Kohuth
on Jun 14, 2015 at 3:43:22 pm

Thanks for verifying this.

I wonder if Resolve 12 might rectify this, or if there's a licensing issue that will prevent it from ever happening?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:53:52 pm

[Kris Kohuth] "I'm trying to find an effective workflow for using ProRes under Windows."

Rewriting or rendering ProRes under Windows is not currently supported. It is somewhat unlikely to be enabled under Version 12, but I haven't seen it yet.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Kris Kohuth
on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:03:59 pm

Update:

Blackmagic Design responded to my support question about this, and suggested I try uninstalling both QT & Resolve, then reinstall Resolve 11.3.1, allowing it to use its own QT installer.

Still nothing. It will consolidate ProRes only when I opt to copy the ENTIRE clip, as opposed to trimming with handles. I've communicated this result back to tech support, but haven't had a response yet.

Adobe Premiere CS 5.5 can, under Windows 7, trim ProRes and consolidate a project.

Wondering why Resolve can't do this, as well?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]