FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bug report: resolve 11.2.1lite.002 crashes at render due to 15 Hz frame rate -- windows 7, hp zbook GPU quadro K3100M

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenton Green
Bug report: resolve 11.2.1lite.002 crashes at render due to 15 Hz frame rate -- windows 7, hp zbook GPU quadro K3100M
on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:53:50 am

Hello, I am new to Resolve. I am using 11.2 lite on Windows 7 Pro x64, HP Zbook 17" with Nvidia K3100M, Intel i7-4600M, 8 GB RAM.

I am able to use media, edit and color without crashing, however when I get to 'Start Render' it crashes with "DaVinci Rsolve has stopped working", in cases where I use (Hero 4 Silver) clips that are "4k" video (3840x2160) at 15 fps (either raw AVC in MP4 wrapper, or GoPro Studio-converted CineForm HD in AVI wrapper). When pulling into a project, I get the "change project resolution and frame rate to clip" dialog, which I accept. Apparently that triggers the bug that makes Resolve puke.

Besides ingesting different videos, codecs and wrappers, I have tried different nodes (including a single 'do nothing' node), I have tried different deliver/render video formats and codecs and resolutions (the frame rate box is empty-- maybe a hint of a problem?). Nothing stops a crash except not choosing 15 Hz frame rate. The only thing that helps that I have found is to tell it "no, don't change project to clip frame rate", and then it seems to happily let me choose and chug out 24 fps (no choice for 15 hz) in the render settings.

So, it would be great if that bug could be fixed. Preferably so that I can pass-through 15 Hz, but just stopping the crash is good enough...

Thanks,
Kenton

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]