FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conforming 240fps into 25fps slow mo

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erline O'Donovan
Conforming 240fps into 25fps slow mo
on Mar 18, 2015 at 1:02:50 pm

Hello,

I'm editing a music video shot on the iPhone 6 (I know, it's weird). Most of the footage was shot at 240fps. So if I open it in Quicktime it says the framerate is 240fps and it's playing back at 240fps so it plays at normal speed. But I want to convert it so that it plays at 25fps, in slow mo, without losing any frames.

I converted most of the footage without any issues. I imported the 240fps clips into a 25fps DaVinci project, and when I exported the shots they came out in slow mo as I expected.

I now need to convert 6 more clips. Their frame rates vary, some of them are at 240fps some at 30fps. But the 240fps shots come out in normal speed, not slow mo, and the 30fps shots appear to be way too fast. I haven't changed the settings since last time.

I have attached a screen grabs of my settings. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know, I'm at a loss here...

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Conforming 240fps into 25fps slow mo
on Mar 20, 2015 at 12:26:53 am

Check the clip attributes and change them to the timeline speed. That way, a 30fps clip will be forced to 25fps (assuming that's the timeline speed), and a 240fps clip will also be forced to 25fps.

Return to posts index

Erline O'Donovan
Re: Conforming 240fps into 25fps slow mo
on Mar 30, 2015 at 4:31:13 pm

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]