FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to run HD materials with Resolve 11.1.3 Lite.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yair Oren
Unable to run HD materials with Resolve 11.1.3 Lite.
on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:34:00 pm

Hi,
Recently I replaced my computer to HP Z840:
1 CPU, Intel Xeon E5-2650 V3 2.30Ghz 10 Core, 32GB DDR4-2133 (4x8GB) RegRAM,
Quadro 4000, Nvidia driver- 340.84, BlackMagic DeckLink HD Ectreme 3D+ with driver 10.3.4(I also tried to downgrade the drivers and no change).
Whenever I try to run HD materials on HD timeline the video and audio doesn't run fluently in the computer monitors and in my external monitor - JVC DT-3D24G1 with single 3G SDI or Dual Link. I also see green flashes in the external monitor. When I change the settings to SD Pal the video and audio run smoothly no problem.
I can't upgrade the Nvidia driver because I'm also running Avid M.C + Symphony 8.3 on the same system.
I managed to run Resolve 9 with HD materials on my older system with the same GPU card and BlackMagic DeckLink card.
Any ideas why I can't run HD??
Thanks
Yair

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Unable to run HD materials with Resolve 11.1.3 Lite.
on Feb 7, 2015 at 5:36:20 pm

what flavour of HD,(what are your source files)
what is your hard drive setup?

Have you done a disk speed check?

quadro 4000 or K4000?

(personally, I just ignore the mismatched driver errors from Avid..or you can edit the config file so it doesn't bug you)

How about your Cuda version. Is it up to Date?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Yair Oren
on Feb 7, 2015 at 6:27:00 pm

Hi,
The HD materials comes from the Ripple tutorial demo project. Very short clips of Apple Prores 422, 23.976, 1080p. Not really heavy and shouldn't be any problem to play.
For storage I'm using 2x2TB WD 7200rpm Black, Raid 0.
I have quadro 4000 not K4000.
How do I check the disk speed?
I'll check the Cuda.

With my Previous computer the same tutorial project run great with the same Quadro 4000 and the same storage raid.
Anyway I have no problems running Avid Symphony 8.3 with Avid DNXHD 185 1080P 25 or 1080I 50 or XDCAM 50 Materials.
Thanks for your replay.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 7, 2015 at 6:31:49 pm

what interface is your drive using?

Have you tried putting the material on a local drive and running it there?

When you are in the colour page, what fps do you get?

disk speed is a program that comes with the blackmagic desktop video program. You should see it in your programs listing under that heading.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Yair Oren
on Feb 8, 2015 at 1:39:41 pm

Hi,
I ran the disk speed, I don't think I have a problem there. The Drives interface is SATA 6 Gb/s.
I have tried to put the material on a local drive and the result was the same, Green flashes on the external monitor.
My cuda version is 6.5, is it ok?
Thanks
Yair

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 8, 2015 at 4:28:44 pm

the green flashes could be corrupt media or something along those lines. you never said what the fps was showing when you played back in the colour page. (I'm assuming you have no colour nodes attached yet)

Your Cuda should be good at 6.5.

Does seem a bit strange that it works with the older version. Might want to try a reinstall.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Yair Oren
on Feb 8, 2015 at 5:13:55 pm

I don't think the media is corrupted because I used the same Ripple tutorial demo project in my older system and didn't have those problems, I also put into the media pool another good media with another HD frame rates and all looks the same in the external monitor, green flashes. When you ask about what was the fps showing when I played back in the colour page, do you mean what is the frame rate?
If so I have tried all of the HD frame rates in the project settings- Master project settings and in the capture and playback settings.
All have the same problems. The tutorial materials frame rates are 23.976, Apple ProRes 1920 x 1080. Another materials I tried were 1080P 25. As I wrote above, when I choose SD Pal in the project settings the green flashes were gone. I have tried reinstall to Resolve 9,10 and 11, I also reinstalled few DecklLink drivers and nothing helps. I also replaced the cables and tried Single 3G SDI or Dual Link to the monitor. As I wrote above, with Avid Symphony 8.3 All work well.
Thanks for your replays.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 8, 2015 at 8:51:44 pm

No, I'm curious as to how fast Resolve is managing to play back this footage. Your initial post refers to the footage not playing back smoothly.

In the color page, when you play your show down, it will show you a fps that it is playing it back at. If you are in a 23.976 timeline, playing back 23.976 footage, you want to see a little green light over your UI monitor, with a 23.976 speed indicator. If the footage is playing back chunky, or slow, you will see a red light, and resolve will tell you how fast it is managing to play back the footage. (15 fps, or 1 fps or what ever) this might help you figure out if the box is simply not strong enough, or if Resolve says its playing back fine, but you still see slow playback somewhere else, maybe the issue is somewhere else.

you also mentioned the sata interface on your hard drive, but how are you attaching it to your computer? Usb 3 or 2 , Firewire? MiniSas Connector?

Slow playback is usually either a slow hard drive...not enough ram or graphics power, or really heavy footage. R3ds at full res or something like that.

As you said, you would expect, the ripple footage should play back pretty easily.

The green blotches could be bad footage, or the Nvidia card having issues.

I'm not sure the Extreme 3d is supported anymore, but I don't know if that would be your issue. You could in theory remove it from your system, and your box should still be able to play back the footage inside resolve, you just wouldn't see it on an external device.

Do you know how much ram is in your 4000 card? I have the K4000, but have no experience with the 4000. (I think its an older card correct?)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 8, 2015 at 8:53:04 pm

BTW, are you saying this same box with an earlier version of resolve runs the footage OK? or was that a different box?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Yair Oren
on Feb 8, 2015 at 9:51:39 pm

Sorry, as you can see I'm new to Resolve. OK found it... In the color page, when I play the timeline it starts red 5fps 15fps and 2 sec later it steady with 23.976. In the last few days I have tried many things and one of them was checking and updating the Cuda. Doing that Probably fixed the playing in the UI and it look that it run smoothly but it did not fix the green flashes in the external monitor. Now I have a new HP Z840 system. The hard drives are 2XTB Black SATA 6Gb/s 64MB cache 7200rpm. I didn't install them but I think it's with a sata conection. The Extreme 3d shouldn't have to have any problem to play any HD material, it can also play 2K. The Quadro 4000 has 2GB DDR5. It's an older card and it was installed in my older computer which had a quad core 2.83 Ghz cpu and 8GB ram. Now I have E5-2650v3 10 core 2.3GHz 20MB cache and 32GB (8x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz ECC memory. With My old computer with the same Quadro 4000 and raid I could play Resove 9. Now I see green flashes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]