FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Lite to Premiere to Resolve Lite?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Atkins
Resolve Lite to Premiere to Resolve Lite?
on Jul 20, 2015 at 3:00:01 pm

I'm wondering if this workflow works. After watching tutorials, I've noticed all of them refer to the paid version of Resolve. I'd like to be able to import footage and XML from Premiere into Resolve Lite, make color changes, Render out a ProRes file to Premiere, and export another XML back into Resolve Lite.

I'm finding that I cannot update my timeline via a new XML file from Premiere. The way I see it, I have to leave color work until the very end.

After watching a tutorial, there's an option greyed out in Lite: "Automatically matched master timeline with media pool". I assume having this option would allow me to bring in new editing changes so I can do color work.

Any way around this?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve Lite to Premiere to Resolve Lite?
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:04:11 am

Resolve can be the very final step in the post-production pipeline. Once you lock your edit, export an XML or an AAF from Premiere, import that into Resolve, re-conform the entire project, then color-correct it. Output that, and all you need to do is add titles. And in truth, Resolve can do some titling (all the titling if you provide graphics files with alpha channels).

Return to posts index

Ryan Atkins
Re: Resolve Lite to Premiere to Resolve Lite?
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:12:18 pm

Yes, I have found this out. Having never used any flavor of DaVinci before, I thought I would be able to have a working project, but am finding DaVinci should be the last step.

Thanks for the advice!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]