FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro 2013 configuration back magic DeclkLink HD

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Arce
Mac Pro 2013 configuration back magic DeclkLink HD
on Jan 9, 2015 at 1:25:47 pm

I have the new macpro with an expansion chassis to my DeckLink HD Extreme 3D (this card was bought in late 2012), I need configure this card to use with my flanders scientific, how can do that.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Mac Pro 2013 configuration back magic DeclkLink HD
on Jan 9, 2015 at 5:30:45 pm

If I am reading this correctly, you are attempting to use a PCIe I/O interface card (the Decklink) with a newMacPro that does not support PCIe, but seems to be dedicated to being Thunderbolt-only. In the Configuration guide for Resolve 11, which focuses on the use of the newMacPro, you will note that the recommended output interface is the Thunderbolt based external UltraStudio 4K.

How are you interfacing to the expansion chassis?

I was not aware that a Decklink would function correctly in an expansion chassis -- seems that the architecture is designed to support storage interfaces, RedRocket and *some* other cards. If you can get the Decklink to function in the expansion chassis, I would simply feed the Flanders from the SDI output. Nothing else would need to be configured, but even with the older MacPros, Decklinks were always advised to be installed in Slot 3 and not in the expander.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]