FORUMS: list search recent posts

Yosemite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
Yosemite
on Oct 31, 2014 at 11:05:48 pm

Hi, folks. I was hoping to get some affirmation from working Resolve colorists that upgrading to OSx Yosemite is safe. I never went to Mavericks because I didn't see any consensus (at least last time I checked, which I'll admit was a while ago), but from what I've seen so far 10.10 is looking good for us.

For what it's worth, I'm working off of a late-2010 MacPro, 2.66ghz 12-core, 32gb RAM and a GTX 780 3gb for shared GUI/GPU.

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
Re: Yosemite
on Nov 1, 2014 at 7:25:57 pm

Don't do it yet. 10.10 works fine, Resolve works fine, but CUDA does not. I don't know if it's the case on EVERY install of 10.10, but mine and many others reporting this. Had to step back to 10.9.5 while I wait for Nvidia to fix this.

John Tissavary
colorist
The Post Collective NYC

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Nov 2, 2014 at 1:43:03 am

Sounds good, thank you. When did Mavericks pass muster? Last I checked was maybe 6-8 months ago and no one really said one way or the other, but then I saw in the Resolve config guide just yesterday that they're recommending it...

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Nov 2, 2014 at 5:58:46 pm

Been using since 10.9.4, several months.

John Tissavary
colorist
The Post Collective NYC

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Nov 5, 2014 at 3:01:33 am

I'm sticking with 10.8.5 for the time being, FWIW.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:01:09 pm

[Juan Salvo] "I'm sticking with 10.8.5 for the time being, FWIW."

PLUS ONE.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Nov 7, 2014 at 6:32:54 pm

I've been running 10.9.5 since it dropped, on every Resolve Mac system I use, and haven't seen any issues.

John Tissavary
colorist
The Post Collective NYC

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:47:01 am

Using 10.9.5 with no issues at the moment. I sat down with OSX 10.10 for about an hour, then ran screaming from the room. Apple has screwed the pooch with this one, a huge step backwards, IMHO. Hate it. And I go back to OS 2.0 with the Mac II, 1987.

I accept that we'll all eventually have to upgrade, but jesus, these guys make me crazy...

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Nov 7, 2014 at 6:34:48 pm

I actually really like Yosemite, look forward to being able to use it. Once CUDA works with Maxwell Nvidia GPUs I'm all the way there.

John Tissavary
colorist
The Post Collective NYC

Return to posts index

Charles Haine
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:12:52 pm

I have been grading on my retina macbook pro with Resolve 11 Lite on Yosemite and it's been very stable, no complaints at all, no CUDA errors, latest driver.

However, the WiFi quality on the laptops dropped off noticeably with Yosemite, but apparently that's a known bug that folks are hoping will be fixed with the updated that came out today.

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]