FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve Mixed frame rate material - Roundtrip Premiere Cs6 to Davinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Dengo
Davinci Resolve Mixed frame rate material - Roundtrip Premiere Cs6 to Davinci Resolve
on Oct 2, 2014 at 7:34:17 pm

Hello everybody,

i have a big problem. (for me :( )

Iam not a pro in Davinci, but iam trying to do my best to solve my problems with google and youtube.

In this case nothing helped.

I shot footage in 23,976 fps and 50 fps (for slow motion)
I edit the mixed footage in Premiere CS 6.

So, i exported my .XML from Premiere to Davinci and Davinci only find the clips with 23,976 fps and the 50 clips with 50 fps "failed to link because the media file "..." is missing or has the wrong timecode extents"
The clips are in the media pool, for sure.

I think Davinci can't handle mixed frame rate..

If i try to create a sequence with only 50 fps footage and export .xml to Davinci, no problem.
So i can create two sequences, one for 23,976 footage and other for 50 fps. Grading and exporting and edit in premiere again.

But are any other solution for that problem?

please help :(

Return to posts index

David Baud
Re: Davinci Resolve Mixed frame rate material - Roundtrip Premiere Cs6 to Davinci Resolve
on Oct 2, 2014 at 8:41:07 pm

[Ricardo Dengo] "I think Davinci can't handle mixed frame rate.."

Not true! ;-) the way Resolve works, it will honor the source frame rate of your shots in the timeline, no matter what your timeline frame rate configuration is. When you render your output, you have a choice to output single graded shots from your timeline and retain the original frame rate of these shots, or to output one single file for your timeline and Resolve will convert the shots (the ones that have a different frame rate than the timeline )to the timeline frame rate.

As far as your problem of shots not being recognized by Resolve, I believe it has nothing to do with your frame rate but most certainly is related to your footage codec. So what is your file format your are working with in Premiere?

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Dengo
Re: Davinci Resolve Mixed frame rate material - Roundtrip Premiere Cs6 to Davinci Resolve
on Oct 3, 2014 at 11:36:01 am

Hi David, thanks for your answer.

okay I understand the matter of timeline and framrate.

yes resolve don't recognized all my footage. Resolve don't assume most often my 50fps shots, which are converted in Premiere to 23,976 fps to do slow motion effect.
But resolve accept some of my 50 fps shots but it is not the same scene like in premiere.. :(

The RAW-Codec is : H.264, Linear PCM, Timecode

(.MOV) Quicktime

thanks for your time

Return to posts index

David Baud
on Oct 3, 2014 at 7:52:22 pm

[Ricardo Dengo] "Resolve don't assume most often my 50fps shots, which are converted in Premiere to 23,976 fps to do slow motion effect."

Did you bake your conversion from Premiere? if not I would not expect to have these conversions carried over via FCP XML and recognized by Resolve. Also if you have a linear slow motion setup in Premiere (no speed ramping effect here) and you have not change your original frame rate, then Resolve should be able to recognize it.

For a test to make sure your footage codec is not the culprit in your round-trip, you could export a Premiere sequence via FCP XML including just your footage that gives you problem, with no effects applied to it. Then see if your cut is honored in Resolve.

To understand better what kind of information is carried over from Premiere to Resolve via FCP XML, please refer to the Resolve User Guide. Unlike many other companies, Resolve's user guide is worth reading whenever you have an issue!

Good luck,

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Dengo
on Oct 4, 2014 at 10:45:10 am

thank you very much :)
i Think the codec isn't the problem. Resolve takes my "problem footage" (without slow motion effect).
Exporting a loseless mov to resolve and work with cut detection is one option. so i take this for the moment.

but it must be a solution for my problem and i will refer to the resolve User guide.

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Jared Haskell
on Dec 29, 2015 at 12:45:25 am

Hi Ricardo, did you ever find a solution to your problem? Going through something similar from FCPX right now. I am having trouble linking my muticam and 59.94fps footage back in Resolve. The native frame rate footage is fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]