FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve XML Imports Issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ihab Ali
Resolve XML Imports Issue
on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:06:18 pm

I've spent a couple of days trying to figure this out and I give up. I'm hoping someone can help me explain the following:

I'm importing an edit from PPro CS6 using XML for grading in Resolve but while the TC in and out points match between PPro and Resolve, the actual clip in and out frames are not the same. I figured this could be related to drop frame timecode because the footage is 59.94 fps but there is no way to control how PPro exports xml and once the XML in resolve the drop frame options are greyed out.

What is going on?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve XML Imports Issue
on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:16:11 pm

[Ihab Ali] "I figured this could be related to drop frame timecode because the footage is 59.94 fps but there is no way to control how PPro exports xml and once the XML in resolve the drop frame options are greyed out."

Time code configurations are locked once media is brought into the browser, so that is why that option goes away. Drop Frame/ Non-drop may not be the whole situation -- is the timeline really 59.94 like 720P60? Perhaps the time code references are incorrect as a result of being calculated at 29.97…?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Ihab Ali
on Sep 6, 2014 at 12:11:15 am

No the timeline is 1080p and the frame rate set at the master project level in resolve is 59.94(that's automatically pulled in from the xml file). The original footage in PPro is 1080p 59.94FPS from GH4. I don't really understand how this can be happening especially that the TC of the in and out points are also coming in correctly from PPro to resolve.

Return to posts index

Derek Nickell
on Sep 15, 2014 at 3:41:31 am

How far off is the TC?

--
Derek Nickell | Editor, VFX, Colorist
Blue Brownie Creative, Portland, OR http://www.bluebrownie.com O:503.922.2117

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]